#5 Fantastical 5 X 55
A feel good writing pen
Time: 30-45 minutes
Preparation Method: This technique is a little more time-consuming, but it is extremely powerful. We are going to write 55 of the same statement for five days in a row. Why 5X55? In numerology, 55 is to raise our energy levels and 5 is about activating our personal power, but 555 itself means you will go through a positive change and as a triple number, energy levels are tripled, making it even more powerful. It often symbolises a massive change, so get ready for the magic, this one will blow your mind.
Similar to your intentions in the way that it is written, you are to write out a statement that you want to happen as though it already has. It can be long or short, but it must be a desire that hasn’t happened yet, written as though it has.
Write it out 55 times and read each line aloud for five days in a row. Make sure you won’t be distracted and glue pen to paper, but it is imperative you don’t let it feel like a chore, instead, feel the joy of having the desire as you write it out line by line.
Secret Ingredient: The three C’s; Consecutively, Consistently and Continuously.
#6 Magic Board
A cork, card, wooden board or a frame and paper (size A4-A3)
Scissors & Glue
Stickers & Photos (optional)
Time: 3 hours to a few hours on a weekend for 3-4 weeks
Preparation Method: I would say this has been my most favourite feel-good pastime of all, I’ve been doing this for about ten years now and looking back at the vision boards I’ve created I would say I can tick off the majority from the board. We went to a fantastic workshop and I remember it being one of the few times I had seen my mum enjoy herself since my Father’s passing.
Similar to visualisation, a magic board is about imagining how you’d like your life to look in the coming weeks, months or year. Taking out those magazines and highlighting the pages for your creation, ready to cut out, glue and manifest.
For example: If you want to get fit and start yoga or meditation, then cut out pictures that relate to that, if you’d like to go away, choose images that suggest that, or if you want to attract more money, then find some pictures that make you feel abundant financially.
Secret Ingredient: Decide your intentions prior to creating the board and write a list or create a mind map of how you’d like it to look. You can create a personal magic board, a business board and if you have children, you can even get them creating one for their upcoming school year. I suggest creating one every 3-6 months and especially at the end or beginning of the year, it will help set your goals and plans for the year.
#7 Tidying Up the tidylodge way
A messy room, desk, wardrobe, cupboard, financial situation or relationship
A mood for planning, organising & decluttering
Boxes & storage utensils
Files & folders
Labels or label maker
Time: Now this is a biggy, this one can be anywhere between the range of a few hours to months, so we’ve had to create a whole other blog post on Tidying Up the tidylodge way.
Preparation Method: Abraham Lincoln once said “give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”, portraying the importance of planning and organising before hand and that it is critical to practice the skill. Organising, planning and decluttering are just that, they are skills. How are you able to get the job done in a messy place with no space? Imagine if your mind is full of clutter, well it’s the same for your room, workspace or kitchen.
Did you know that having a good clear out is the best way to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed in other areas of your life? A tidy space makes way for a happy face. According to studies, physical mess can make us feel emotionally messy. So, if you want to make life magical, start creating space for the magic to happen.
In a nutshell: Follow this Pocus Process.
- Mind Map: Create a mind map or a visual aid and plan of the areas that need decluttering, order them in terms of priority, this could take hours, days or weeks depending on your clutter chaos. For example, bathroom could have a list underneath saying: vitamins, toiletries, supplies and sink
- One Bite: Take it one bit at a time, remember this silly anecdote, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. We will never eat an elephant, but you get the point. Start with one section of your visual plan and take one segment from that section. For example, vitamins, I’m going to order a pillbox from iHerb and sort my pills out for the week and then make a shelf in the fridge or cupboard for my supplies
- System: This part is where you create a system, it can be one of the many decluttering techniques out there or for the sake of this recipe we are going to let you in on two of our tidylodge tidying up systems.
First is the Magical Major Method, where we have heaps to declutter. We will start by sectioning it into suitable areas, books, paperwork, furniture etc. Then we are going to label them under the following headings: Sell it, Give it away, Recycle, Charity, Shred it, Sentimental, Damaged, Store it. For example, box number 1 might be labelled: Autobiographies, Local Library or you might pop a sticky note on a bed saying: For Sale.
The second system is the Magical Mini Method, which works for your smaller areas but in a very similar way. Take a desk for example; break it all down, stationery, gadgets, wires, notebooks, papers, trinkets and books. Create a little storage plan and area with pots, boxes or trays to keep things tidy. You can create systems for your kitchen with utensils, fridge organising, mugs and plates, or even an outhouse or storage cupboard.
- To Done: Now, you are going to make your way around each little section of your map and work on all segments individually as and when you can, ticking or crossing them off as you go along, you can even pop your map on the wall or your fridge.
- Feels Like Magic: Each day spend one hour organising yourself in terms of what site you will sell on and begin uploading items, decide which friend or family member you would like to give items to, check out the local charities and what they are looking for and start shifting everything out. Remember, when getting rid of any items to be grateful for their service and say thank you. If you are unsure whether to get rid of a particular item, use the old Japanese trick and hold it for a few seconds, decide whether it makes you feel magical before parting with it and if it does, hold onto a little longer or keep it safe.
Secret Ingredient: Work on one segment of one section at a time and remember the reason why you are doing this, make sure it’s for a good cause. If you need a little inspiration, watch The Minimalists or Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.
#8 Removing Psychological Blocks by Removing Physical Blocks
Pen and Paper or a notebook (you’re going to create a plan)
Preparation Method: This one is not easy and it is our life’s work, I’m sure by now, you have already found some ways that work for you, but here is another one for now that might help you out. Just by simply organising space in our physical lives, we will create room to manifest our goals whatever they might be. Routine, structure and some clarity in our environment, actually clear the way for our internal and emotional blocks to be removed.
Firstly, write down six areas of your life you want to declutter or clear up, improve or grow. For example they might be categorised like this: Family, work, finances, physical health, social life, housework. Then when you’ve decided on your six areas, pop them in a big pie shaped circle or write them across the page and drawer lines down so you have areas to write in.
Next, you are going to compartmentalise all the areas you want to work on in those bigger categories, some smaller tasks might be cardio in health, monthly budget in financing, fix hinges on bedroom door in housework and then another could be set a date night with partner in social life.
Now you get the idea right? If we create some organisation and systems in our own lives, it can help us regain balance with our emotions. You’re next task is, to take action, now you have your lifestyle balance pie or block if you like, you can stick it on your fridge, mirror or wardrobe and cross each task off as you take one a day for 30 days, make sure the tasks are manageable and the slightly tougher ones, save those for your off days or weekends.
Secret Ingredient: Patience, this one is an on-going task.
I cannot begin to tell you how magical life will begin to feel if you give this beginners guide to manifesting a shot, even if you try one or two of the eight, I guarantee you will feel great!